Competitive Public Tenders cause so many headaches for business.
Experience in the EU demonstrated that UK Business had not prepared. Small Business took time to capture a real market share.
Now there is an opportunity to shape the Public Tenders for your business.
The idea that special skills are required to secure contracts is a misstatement. Winning all competitive work is down to a combination of events. Therefore, prepare well, understand the competitive approach the buyer is looking for and ensure you have enough time.
What makes tenders competitive?
- Lean – ensure it doesn’t carry unnecessary content!
- Accuracy – state facts by all means but ensure they are correct!
- Compelling Content – style counts, winsome words win contracts!
How do you improve the chance of winning?
- Understand the competitive approach – know the buyers strategy
- Prepare every response as though it is the first
- Work at the content all of the time – add real value to a tender by improving and updating content
- Never stop trying to improve on the last one – get your scores, especially when you win
Know when to Employ a specialist
Not every tender requires a bid writer or a writing team, for example why pay to get on to a framework if you were already success in a previous competition. Take the template and work with the formula.
Yes I’m a tender writing specialist but if you don’t require my support I will let you know. Paying £1,000 for something you can do the bulk of yourself is throwing away good money. So discuss the tender, chat for half an hour and work out what is really required.
Stay lean, remain agile and be competitive that ensures winning Public Tenders is never accidental or a surprise.
Call me or contact via email if you want more information or to join the next Workshop Public Tenders – Introduction to Winning